With the evolution of service providers’ network technology to Advanced LTE, Telco Systems’ T-Marc Weatherproof Demarcation family provides versatile and scalable solutions for business Ethernet, mobile backhaul and cloud networking services. More than ever, the tremendous growth of Ethernet network deployments across the world is driving the need for metro service switches that can be deployed outdoors or in unconditioned indoor environments. This requires an environmentally hardened, physically secured enclosure to house the metro service switches.
Telco Systems T-Marc WD series meets this need, and can be managed locally or remotely, offering support for a wide variety of service application scenarios and network topologies. The weatherproof T-Marc WD enclosure solution helps operators to eliminate associated costs of cabinets, enclosures, and site preparation. It was developed with extreme weather impacts in mind, and design considerations including an embedded chargeable backup battery providing power for up to 4 hours, and serge protection for the power inputs and copper connections. Optional accessories, like an internal optical add-drop multiplexer (OADM), a fiber splicing tray, Wi-Fi and Power over Ethernet (PoE) add flexibility for varying deployments. This makes T-Marc WD service reachable anywhere while dramatically reducing operating expenses (OPEX) and total cost of ownership (TCO).
The T-Marc WD enclosure is designed for Telco Systems’ demarcation family, specifically the T-Marc 340, T-Marc 3312SC and T-Marc 3348S devices. The enclosure’s internal switch module can be upgraded with any other Telco Systems demarcation module, without the need to upgrade the entire enclosure infrastructure system. BiNOX™, Telco Systems’ field-proven, carrier-grade networking operating system, is built into our devices, offering superior control and security while delivering wire-speed networking capabilities.
- Service assurance – Purpose-built for assured SLAs, T-Marc WD weatherproof service demarcation offers sub 50msec restoration over Ethernet and MPLS (T-Marc 3312SC and T-Marc 3348S only) in ring or mesh topologies (G.8031, G.8032, FRR) and combines with hardware-based OAM and embedded test tools (IEEE 802.3ah EFM-OAM, IEEE 802.1ag, RFC2544, Y.1731, Y.1564) to assure service delivery.
- Service delivery – T-Marc WD supports all four MEF CE 2.0 services over Ethernet and IP/MPLS, built into the product and license free. With very powerful hardware-based HQoS support, T-Marc WD enables the deployment of very flexible service schemes. Integrated with EdgeGenie, Telco Systems’ service management solution, the T-Marc WD enables providers to build custom service profiles and rapidly activate service monitoring.
- Service management – T-Marc WD supports EdgeGenie and third party management systems, as well as NETCONF and YANG, making it future proof and SDN-upgradeable, while allowing for better utilization of available fiber using dynamic bandwidth management.
- Service accuracy and timing – T-Marc WD supports synchronous Ethernet (SyncE), IEEE 1588v2, and clock distribution from one source to another*, enabling mobile operators to achieve a solution which can handle the current frequency synchronization requirements needed for 2G and 3G technologies, and future phase synchronization requirements needed for LTE-TDD.
- Service transparently – T-Marc WD enables service providers to carry native TDM traffic transparently across packet-switched networks (PSN) using various circuit emulation techniques required when converging and migrating 2G and 3G to 4G and newer IP-based mobile technologies.
- Service profitability – T-Marc WD helps operators to reduce TCO by simplifying the enclosure solution, lowering power consumption and network deployments through ZTP (Zero Touch Provisioning) and by offering extensive management tools such as OAM and EG NMS. Field technicians need only to mount the weatherproof service demarcation device, and hook up the power and cables in easily accessible ports and deployment sites.