MANSFIELD, MA, October 22nd, 2013 – Telco Systems, a BATM company (LSE: BVC, TASE: BATM) and leading provider of CE 2.0 multi-service Carrier Ethernet and MPLS edge access solutions for mobile backhaul, business Ethernet services and cloud networking, today unveiled the T-Marc WD, a Weatherproof Service Demarcation
family of enclosures, built to withstand exposure to weather without damage or loss of function. The T-Marc WD Ethernet/MPLS network interface device (NID)
demonstrates continued progress for Telco Systems’ end-to-end solutions, from the access to the core, while offering a wider solution set for outdoor deployment or unconditioned indoor environments.
The product boasts Nema 4/IP65 enclosure standards and meets operational requirements for extreme temperature conditions (-40°F to +149°F / -40°C to +65°C) both indoors and outdoors. The T-Marc WD accommodates Telco Systems’ demarcation products including T-Marc 3348S, T-Marc 3312SC and T-Marc 340, which supports up to 8 x 1GE to 10GE UNI/NNI variants. The switch modules are replicable and upgradeable without the need to replace cabinets and internal mechanics and electronics.
The T-Marc WD offers AC or DC power inputs, surge protection for the power and copper Ethernet inputs, door intrusion alarm, separate maintenance managements and data ports without the need to open the secured enclosure, pole and wall mount capabilities, and a four hour chargeable backup support battery, with additional accessories available for order including optical add-drop multiplexing (OADM), fiber tray, and Power-over Ethernet (PoE).The T-Marc WD includes a built-in feature set offering enhanced OAM, high availability, resiliency and time synchronization, combined with low power consumption to reduce OPEX, as with all of Telco Systems’ T-Marc product family.
The T-Marc WD enclosure provides:
- Service assurance – Purpose-built for assured SLAs, the T-Marc WD weatherproof service demarcation offers sub 50msec restoration over Ethernet and MPLS in ring or mesh topologies (G.8031, G.8032, FRR) and combines with hardware-based OAM and embedded test tools (IEEE 802.3ah EFM-OAM, IEEE 802.1ag, RFC2544, Y.1731,Y.1564) to assure service delivery.
- Service delivery – The T-Marc WD supports all four MEF CE 2.0 services over Ethernet and IP/MPLS, built into the product and license free. With very powerful hardware-based HQoS support, T-Marc WD enables the deployment of very flexible service schemes. Integrated with EdgeGenie, Telco Systems’ service management solution, the T-Marc WD enables providers to build custom service profiles and rapidly activate service monitoring.
- Service management – The T-Marc WD supports EdgeGenie and third party management systems, as well as NETCONF and YANG, making it future proof and SDN-upgradeable, while allowing for better utilization of available fiber using dynamic bandwidth management.
- Service accuracy and timing – The T-Marc WD supports Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE), IEEE 1588v2, and clock distribution from one source to another, enabling mobile operators to achieve a solution which can handle the current frequency synchronization requirements needed for 2G and 3G technologies, and future phase synchronization requirements needed for LTE-TDD.
- Service transparency – The T-Marc WD enables service providers to carry native TDM traffic transparently across packet-switched networks (PSN) using various circuit emulation techniques required when converging and migrating 2G and 3G to 4G and newer IP-based mobile technologies.
- Service profitability – The T-Marc WD helps operators to reduce TCO by simplifying the enclosure solution, lowering power consumption, deploying networks through ZTP (zero touch provisioning) and including extensive management tools such as OAM and EdgeGenie NMS. Field technicians need only to mount the weatherproof service demarcation device, and hook up the power and cables in easily accessible ports and deployment sites.
“Telco Systems’ T-Marc Weatherproof Demarcation solution series helps operators to eliminate the associated costs of in-house design or third party enclosures, which not only dramatically reduces operating expenses and total cost of ownership, but also makes the service reachable anywhere,” explained Aviv Miller, lead Product Line Manager for Telco Systems’ T-Marc WD family.
“Due to the significant growth of wireless bandwidth, there was a tremendous need for us to develop a weatherproof, high density T-Marc in order to support the serviceability of high bandwidths in greenfield deployments and existing backhaul installations around the world.”
“The product is built with flexibility in mind,” continued Aviv, “where components can be easily upgraded, removed or added to meet the unique needs and requirements of applications or operators, without having to pay for unnecessary hardware. This flexibility also allows for very simple installation and maintenance for the service technician, making it a very unique product.”
About Telco Systems Telco Systems provides a diverse set of Carrier
Ethernet over Ethernet & MPLS-based demarcation, aggregation and edge of the core solutions, enabling service providers to create intelligent, end-to-end, service-assured, CE 2.0-compliant networks for mobile backhaul, business services and cloud networking. The company’s solutions provide carriers with differentiated services, address new revenue generating opportunities, and transform the user experience while lowering overall operating expenses. Telco Systems is a wholly owned subsidiary of BATM Advanced Communications (LSE: BVC, TASE: BATM). To learn more, visit Telco Systems at http://www.telco.com
, or follow Telco Systems on Twitter